2016 brings the 5th year that the Minocqua Farmers Market has been in operation at the Minocqua Park Complex. The market is run by local growers and producers as well as interested community members and volunteers. The Town of Minocqua also plays an integral part in the operation of the Market by providing the venue and support services, as does the Minocqua Area Chamber of Commerce with advertising and marketing.
The Market has been founded to pursue the following goals:
- To give local growers and producers of agricultural commodities and other farm-related products alternative marketing opportunities.
- To promote the sale of locally grown farm products.
- Foster an environment to encourage community members to participate in agricultural pursuits.
- To improve the variety, freshness, taste and nutritional value of produce available in the Minocqua area.
- To provide an opportunity for farmers to deal directly with residents and visitors to Minocqua rather than through third parties and to thereby get to know and learn from one another.
- To provide an educational forum for customers to learn the uses and benefits of quality, locally grown or prepared food products. To provide educational opportunities for producers to test and refine their products and marketing skills.
- To enhance the quality of life in the Minocqua area by providing a community activity which fosters social gathering and interaction.